The “Agora’s Code of Ethics” is an internal document addressed to all employees and collaborators of the Company. It indicates what attitudes and rules of conduct are expected at Agora and what are deemed by the company as inappropriate or unacceptable. This condensed set of guidelines and values is an expression of a responsible and transparent approach in the following seven areas, which are also titles of the “Code of Ethics” chapters:
- Diversity in the workplace – describes the main workplace principles: cooperation, equal treatment of all employees and associates, as well as mutual respect,
- Fair external relations – specifies what constitutes fair external relations and high ethical standards in dealing with clients, suppliers and contractors,
- Relationships transparency – covers transparency in the workplace, including in relations with business partners, suppliers and contractors, as well as employment in Agora in the context of other professional and political activities,
- Compliance and anti-corruption – indicates methods for preventing fraud and corruption in the company,
- Commitment to the reputation of Agora – outlines the principles of communication and presentation of information about the company and proper commitment to its reputation,
- Information security – outlines the handling of confidential information, trade secrets and personal data protection.
This document includes also:
- the principles to be followed by employees and collaborators in their relations with all of the company's stakeholders,
- a list of key documents governing specific issues in detail,
- a whistleblowing scheme in force in Agora,
- contact information of persons who can help with ethics-related issues,
- prompts and a glossary of terms.
For general definitions, situational examples and practical rules for dealing with suspected or confirmed conflicts of interest, see “Agora's Code of Ethics” (page 12). These mechanisms apply to the same extent to the management staff, employees and associates of the Agora Group as well as their relations with suppliers, contractors or other external entities.
Training on the “Agora Code of Ethics” is available on Agora’s internal training platform and is mandatory for all employees.
The Management Board of Agora S.A. recommended that all companies in the Agora Group adopt the “Code of Ethics”.
The “Agora's Code of Ethics” is supplemented by:
- Agora's internal and external policies and regulations, in particular: "Anti-discrimination and anti-mobbing policy in Agora", "Diversity policy of the Agora Group", "Policy of receiving and giving gifts and other benefits by Agora SA employees", "Policy of social and sponsorship activities in Grupa Agora ”,“ Code of good practices in customer service of Agora Group ”,“ Environmental policy of Agora SA ”;
- external industry codes adopted as binding in Agora, in particular: "Media Ethical Charter", "Code of Advertising Ethics", "Code of Best Practice for Press Publishers".
Based on the "Code of Ethics" of Agora, the "Code of Conduct for Agora's Suppliers and Subcontractors" has also been developed, which is provided to contractors for reading and compliance, with which the company obliges all its suppliers and subcontractors.